Home Owner Associations
Many HOAs have longstanding covenants in place allowing only natural cedar shakes to be used in roofing projects. Although these covenants exist to protect the uniformity and aesthetic of the HOA, real cedar can be a problematic roofing choice. Enviroshake has had great success with HOA acceptance, as it offers discerning homeowners the authentic look of cedar shakes complemented with lifetime performance.
Why is Enviroshake is perfect for your HOA?
- It’s durable and safe – with the highest available impact rating in accordance with UL 2218 testing (level 4), hail, wild winds, and errant golf balls are no longer a worry
- An unconditional Class A fire rating makes Enviroshake extremely fire retardant (Class C product also available)
- Enviroshake offers unsurpassed wind resistance with a wind rating of 180 mph (290 km/h)
- Realtors agree that an Enviroshake roof offers a 70-80% ROI upon the resale of your home
- It will save you money on insurance premiums. Insurance companies like State Farm offer discounted insurance premiums to homes with Enviroshake roofs
- We stand behind our product. Experience the difference longevity and unbeatable performance make with a limited lifetime warranty that is fully transferable
- Forget the pricy and labour-intensive maintenance of real cedar as Enviroshake is maintenance free
- Most importantly, Enviroshake offers a truly authentic cedar shake appeal with various colour options
Fact: 90% of homeowners looking to replace their cedar roofs who learn about Enviroshake choose Enviroshake products over natural cedar!
Problems with Cedar
- May require replacement due to rotting, warping, cracking, leaking, or diminished aesthetics
- Is expensive to replace
- Has a life expectancy of only 15–20 years but begins to lose its aesthetic appeal after 5-10 years
- High maintenance: requires pre-treatments, preservatives, and other topical maintenance
- Offers a poor fire rating
- Is subject to mold, mildew, and insect damage
- Depreciates in value from the date of installation
The Solution? Enviroshake
- Enviroshake engineers composite roofing products to emulate classic cedar shakes and shingles without all the issues associated with natural wood products
- They are fire-retardant and impact-resistant and can withstand severe weather conditions and temperature fluctuations and extremes
- Enviroshake can be installed efficiently with less waste than traditional cedar, does not require any pre-treatment, and is maintenance-free
- All Enviroshake products come with a fully transferable limited lifetime warranty
What sets Enviroshake apart from synthetic roofing products?
Established in 1998, Enviroshake is a longstanding innovator and pioneer in the composite roofing industry. We have lived and breathed this technology since the beginning, and our thousands of installations across North America and international markets are testaments to the fact that our products are chosen by the world’s most discerning property owners.
Enviroshake roofs can be found on notable resorts, historic properties, and national parks for one simple reason: our products offer the most authentic cedar look with longevity and performance nature can’t match.
Because the Enviroshake molds are made using 3D images of real cedar shakes, our roofing products match the thickness and texture of real cedar.
By design, our unique formulation allows Enviroshake® to weather like natural cedar, and within a year, you will experience the stunning matte weathered cedar appeal that Enviroshake will deliver for the lifetime of your roof!
Enviroshake products have been rigorously tested to meet and exceed the most stringent standards for roofing products, and our performance—evidenced by our 180 mph (290 km/h) wind rating and unconditional Class A fire rating—is unsurpassed in the roofing industry. For more information, please visit testing and certifications.
“…I want to thank you for making the whole process so pleasant, easy, and rewarding.
You welcomed the myriad of questions with which we peppered you from start to finish and answered all of them with obvious concern that we would be completely satisfied.
As the point person for our POA, you made me feel as though I was part of the Enviroshake "family". Our roofer was also pleased with the individualized instructions you gave him and the easy access he had with your technical installation experts as he began installing his first couple of roofs. He felt very comfortable calling and getting quick responses to his questions.
And last, but not least, I want to thank you for introducing us to the most wonderful, Eco-friendly, structurally sound, and beautiful substitute for cedar shake shingles imaginable.
Not only do they look like (but better than) our old cedar shakes, but these are the last roofs we will ever have to put on and our insurance rates have been favorably impacted. To sum it up, we love them! ”
Thank you so much! - Susan Cook, Hotsprings, AK
We are here to help! If you are interested in introducing your HOA to Enviroshake, please contact us.