Enviroshake vs. Cedar
Fact: 90% of homeowners looking to replace their cedar roofs who learn about Enviroshake choose Enviroshake products over natural cedar.
Enviroshake products outperform traditional cedar in every category.
Aesthetics: Enviroshake products authentically emulate natural cedar
- Enviroshake® is the only composite on the market to truly replicate the authentic look of natural Number 1 Grade taper-split cedar shakes
- Enviroshingle® is the only composite on the market to match the appeal of natural 5″ perfection cedar shingles
- Enviroshake’s 8 profiles and Enviroshingle’s 2 profiles are all designed using 3D images of real cedar shakes and shingles, ensuring the wood grains, thickness, and sizes of the tiles are all true to nature
- Enviroshake is pleased to offer several colour options that emulate a natural cedar roof in various stages of its life. All Enviroshake products will weather, and as with cedar shakes, there may be variations in the shading and thickness of the shakes to create a natural cedar look on the roof
- Enviroshake tiles strongly resemble real hand-split cedar shakes in part because they contain real wood fibres. Additionally, the cellulosic fibres used in the Enviroshake composition allow Enviroshake and Enviroshingle to capture the authentic aesthetic and thickness of natural cedar shakes and shingles
Value: Enviroshake products come with a lifetime warranty
- In as few as 10 to 15 years, natural cedar can rot, crack, and spoil the appearance of your home. Enviroshake proudly leads an industry revolution through offering the authentic appeal of cedar bundled with a maintenance-free experience and a lifetime warranty
- Unlike real cedar, Enviroshake does not require topical treatments, preservatives, or upkeep costs
- Enviroshake’s limited lifetime warranty is further complemented with full transferability, adding value to future home sales
Maintenance and durability: One of the safest, most durable roofing products available
- Enviroshake products are mold-, mildew-, and insect-resistant and will not rot, crack, or peel, virtually eliminating maintenance costs
- All Enviroshake products are fire-retardant, and unconditional Class A ASTM E108 fire-rated material is now available
- Due to Enviroshake earning the highest impact certification level available—LEVEL IV UL 2218—you won’t need to worry about damage from falling tree limbs, hail, wind, or even walking on your Enviroshake roof
- Enviroshake has solved the freeze–thaw cycle problems associated with cedar. Weatherometer results, under 5× magnification, revealed no delaminating, cracking, erosion, or chalking to affect the performance of the shake
- Enviroshake products exhibited superior performance during Miami–Dade testing for wind speeds up to 180 MPH (290 km/h)
Environmental impact: Enviroshake products are green!
- Enviroshake products are formulated using a unique environmentally-friendly composite material
- 95% of the content of the proprietary Enviroshake composition is derived from reprocessed post-industrial polymers, elastomers, and fibers