The most authentic-looking shake roofing product on the market, featuring industry-leading durability and unsurpassed performanceA pioneer in the composite roofing industry, Enviroshake is renowned for its truly realistic cedar shake aesthetic. Our dies are designed using 3D images of taper-sawn cedar shakes for a truly natural appearance.
A cedar shake roof conveys tradition, beauty, and luxury, but natural cedar is vulnerable to such environmental stressors as freeze–thaw cycles, moisture, UV exposure, and wind. But there is a solution: Enviroshake offers discerning property owners the best of both worlds, offering the traditional beauty you want with the performance nature cannot beat.
Outperforms nature with the durability and weather resistance only an engineered product can offerEnviroshake’s signature roofing products are created using a superior composite blend. Our proprietary formulation and manufacturing process deliver products with enhanced durability, longevity, and performance.
Multi-width profiles allow stunning natural variationAchieve the variation of a natural shake roof with every Enviroshake roof. All Enviroshake bundles are pre-shuffled with a combination of shake profiles, enhancing your home with the traditional look of taper-sawn cedar shakes.
Enviroshake® tiles are designed to weather over the course of the first year of installation to reveal their beautiful weathered matte cedar look. By design, Enviroshake products have some variation to authentically emulate the tones of natural cedar. After this initial weathering period, Enviroshake products will maintain their classic aesthetic and rich colour over the lifetime of your roof.
Making your dreams a reality.
If our standard colours are not what you have in mind, we are able to design a custom colour to fit your needs.
Try our visualization tool to experience how different colours and Enviroshake products can enhance your home’s aesthetic. Start by either uploading a photo of your own home or choosing a home with a similar exterior to yours and start making your dreams a reality.
- Unmatched authentic appeal of cedar shake
- Classic taper-sawn cedar shake design
- Enhances the overall appearance of your home
Superior composite blend
- Proprietary formulation of polymers reinforced by natural fibres and elastomers
- Best-in-class UV Inhibitor technology guarantees lasting colour
- Offers Miami Dade-tested wind resistance of 180 mph (290 km/h)
- Awarded Class 4 UL 2218 impact rating
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Requires no pre-treatments or preservatives
- Installs produce less waste than natural cedar installs
- Unconditional Class A ASTM E108 fire-rated products available, suitable for use in high-risk fire zones
- Virtually maintenance-free
- Not damaged by hail, falling debris, or being walked upon
- Not damaged by freeze–thaw cycles
- Does not crack, peel, warp or chip
- Resistant to mold, mildew, algae, and insect damage
- Unconditional Class A ASTM E108 fire rating available, suitable for use in high-risk fire zones
- Many insurance companies offer reduced premiums for switching to Enviroshake® from cedar or slate, especially in environments with high wind and fire- or hail-prone areas.
- Made from sustainable materials
- 100% recyclable
- Water runoff is potable
InstallationA quality product deserves a quality installation. Enviroshake® must be installed by a Factory Trained Installer for the warranty to be valid. If you are interested in becoming a Factory Trained Installer, click here.
Key Enviroshake installation tips:
- Make sure there is a minimum gap of 3/8" between each tile
- Install four nails per tile, one in each marked nailing area
- Use the Enviroshield® synthetic underlayment to qualify for a Gold-Level Warranty
- Enviroshake installs with up to 40% less labour than a natural cedar shake roof!
Frequently Asked QuestionsSee our frequently asked installation questions or contact us to speak with an Enviroshake representative to assist with any of your installation questions.
DocumentsEnviroshake installation guide
Enviroshake installation guide (Spanish)
Enviroshake installation guide (French)
Dos and Don'ts
Enviroshake Factory Training Process
Enviroshield Synthetic Underlayment
Enviroshake vs Cedar labour savings
Snow Guard Layout
Low Slope installation Guide
WarrantyAt Enviroshake, we offer premium engineered products that we believe in. Because we stand behind our products and want to provide long-lasting peace of mind to our customers, we offer simple fully transferable limited lifetime warranties.
To qualify for our Gold-Level Warranty, your roof will need to be installed by a Factory Trained Contractor and the Enviroshield® synthetic underlayment must be used. Warranty Registration Link
DocumentsLimited Lifetime Warranty
Hip & Ridge tiles (one piece)Custom formed hip and ridge tiles for every job from slopes 2/12 - 20/12.
Enviroshield Synthetic UnderlaymentThe underlayment is the most critical component in creating a waterproof barrier on your roofing deck. All Enviroshake® roofing systems require the use of the Enviroshield synthetic underlayment in order to qualify for our Gold-Level Warranty.
Underlay Spec Sheet PDF
Underlay Install Guide PDF
Snow GuardsEnviroshake proudly offers Alpine® Snow Guards as an accessory to your Enviroshake roofing system.
Snow guards should be placed on all roof surfaces to protect against snow damage to the areas below. It is especially important to install snow guards above entryways, walkways, gathering areas, landscaping, parking, ground-mounted mechanicals, lower roofs, valleys, crickets, gutters, and roof vents.
Snow guards are specifically designed to prevent entire roof loads of snow from avalanching all at once, which can cause serious damage to any structures, landscaping, vehicles, and people in the area of impact.
PAD 10 Specification
PAD 11 Specification
Snow Guard Install Guide
Enviroshake recommends the use of Stainless Steel fasteners, especially in coastal areas. Enviroshake offers Stainless steel nails coiled or loose (304 or 316), as well as loose stainless steel screws.
For technical support or to speak with an Enviroshake roofing expert about your roofing project contact us.