The look of natural cedar and slate with lifetime performance
Architects, builders and roofing contractors from coast to coast keep telling us that new homeowners want the look of cedar or slate but do not want the maintenance and shorter life associated with real wood, or the cost and maintenance of natural slate.
Enviroshake® Inc. has engineered superior composite products that far exceeds the expectations of discerning home owners and quality home builders but maintains the traditional look of real cedar and slate.
The only alternative that looks like authentic cedar shakes and shingles and slate
- Enviroshake® is the only composite shake on the market to truly replicate the authentic look of natural #1 grade hand sawn cedar shakes.
- Enviroshingle® is the only composite shingle on the market to truly replicate the authentic look of perfection cedar shingles.
- Enviroslate® is the only composite on the market to truly replicate the authentic look of natural slate.
- The 8 profiles that the Enviroshake® comes in, and the two profiles Enviroshingle® come in are made from the 3D images of real cedar shakes and shingles, to ensure the wood grains, thickness, and sizes are all true to nature.
- The four profiles that Enviroslate® comes in have various top marbling and edge textures that emulate natural slate.
- Enviroshake Inc. is pleased to offer various color options to emulate natural cedar in various stages of its life. Enviroshake® and Enviroshingle® products are available in classic silvered cedar, aged cedar, or multi tone.
- Enviroslate® is available in Onyx black, Charcoal grey, Stone grey, Sage green (light and dark), and Plum purple (light and dark).
- All Enviroshake® Inc. products will weather, and as with natural products, there will be slight variations in shading and thickness of the shakes, shingles, and tiles, giving the product a natural look on the roof.
- Enviroshake® and Enviroshingle® have none of the decay problems associated with natural cedar, nor the chipping and crumbling problems associated with natural slate.
- Enviroshake® Inc. products will retain the weathered beauty and rustic appearance of cedar and slate for a lifetime.
Unmatched performance and durability
- Other synthetic shake, shingle, and slate products may use polyethylene and polypropylene in their composition, but due to a patented compatibilizer, Enviroshake® Inc. uses both. The benefits of this include the rigidity provided by polypropylene and the amiability of polyethylene allowing a nail to penetrate the material.
- Enviroshake® and Enviroshingle® products look like real cedar, because they have real wood fibers in them. The cellulosic fibers used in the composition allow Enviroshake® Inc. products to achieve the authentic look and thickness of natural cedar shakes and shingles.
One of the safest, most durable composite building materials available
- All Enviroshake® Inc. products are fire retardant to meet Class “C” fire ratings.
- Impact tests show you don’t need to worry about damage from falling tree limbs, hail, wind, or even from walking on Enviroshake® Inc. products. Enviroshake products have the highest impact certification level available – LEVEL IV UL 2218.
- We’ve solved the freeze/thaw problems associated with cedar and slate. Weatherometer results, under 5x magnification displayed no delaminating, cracking, erosion or chalking to affect the performance of the shake or shingle.
- Enviroshake® Inc. products exhibited superior performance in Miami Dade tests for wind speeds up to 180 MPH (290 km/h).
- Additionally, Enviroshake® Inc. products are not compromised by UV, salt spray, or moisture.
- In as little as 15 years, cedar can rot, crack, and start to spoil the look of your home. Enviroshake® Inc. leads the revolution with authentic good looks, no maintenance and has a Lifetime warranty.
- The Lifetime Warranty is further complemented with full transferability for up to 50 years, and thus adds value in future home sales.
Enviroshake products are very environmentally friendly!
- 95% of Enviroshake® Inc.’s product composition is derived from reprocessed post-industrial polymers, elastomers, and fibbers.
- Enviroshake® Inc. products contribute to LEED and NGBS Green Building Programs.
Case Study: Hurricane Durability
Enviroshake® Inc. products can even withstand hurricanes! In November 2010 hurricane Tomas tore through the beautiful island of St. Lucia. Many buildings in St. Lucia follow the colonial style and had cedar shakes on the roof. After hurricane Tomas, many roofs were damaged beyond repair, except those with Enviroshake®. Enviroshake®’s unrivaled durability, and performance shone through, and now many resorts on the islands, including The BodyHoliday LeSPORT Resort, are completely re-roofing using Enviroshake®.
To learn more about becoming a Certified Enviroshake® Installer Click Here!