Cedar Roofing & Siding Maintenance, Repair and Replacement
Cedar is prone to mold, mildew, and insects
- Many environmental factors can affect a cedar shakes and shingles including leaves, dirt, small animals, excessive shade, moisture or too much sunlight.
- Many other factors can influence cedar’s life span including the thickness of the material, the cut of the material, grade of the material, how the material was treated prior to being cut, whether the material has been treated with cuprinol (a chemical preservative), how well the product is installed and the slope of the installation.
- Enviroshake products are mold, mildew and insect repellent, and are not adversely affected by environmental factors such as UV, moisture, freeze/thaw, wind and salt spray.
Replacement: The expected life of a cedar shake roof
- The average life of the cedar roofs that are currently being replaced by Enviroshake installers are less than 20 years old.
- Enviroshake products lasts over 50 years and comes with a lifetime fully transferable warranty.
Cedar Shakes and shingles require costly maintenance, repair and upkeep
- Protecting wood from decay is of primary importance. Failure from decay can occur in less than 10 years, and failure from weathering, though slower, is an accumulative process.
- Cedar, unlike Enviroshake, needs regular maintenance in order to ensure the greatest value and longevity from them.
- Maintenance for a natural cedar roof can cost between $500-$1000 per year on average.
- Enviroshake products are virtually maintenance free.